A few weeks ago I heard about this cool low-carb recipe for Cloud Bread..when I looked it up I found dozens of recipes with cream cheese….hmmmm…. not the healthy bread substitute I was looking for. Then I found out about the Beachbody version of the recipe that used yogurt instead. It looked easy so I decided to try it!
- 3 large eggs
- 1 dash cream of tartar
- 1 dash sea salt (or Himalayan salt) (to taste, optional)
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 T honey (optional)
- Heat oven to 300° F.
- Lightly coat large baking sheet with spray. Set aside. I prefer to use parchment paper, silpat mat on a cookie sheet or stoneware.
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites. Place whites in a bowl. Place yolks in a separate medium bowl. Set aside.
- Add cream of tartar to egg whites. Beat with a mixer on high until stiff peaks form, about 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Add salt, yogurt and optional honey to egg yolks. Mix until blended.
- Gently fold ⅓ of egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture. Fold in the remaining egg white mixture until just incorporated. Be careful not to over mix.
- Using spoon (a ladle works nicely) , transfer scoops of egg mixture onto prepared baking sheet, about 3 inches in diameter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and exterior is crispy to the touch. Immediately loosen cloud breads with a spatula or the bread will stick. Allow it to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container.
21 Day Fix
This recipe has all 21 Day Fix friendly ingredients. Omit the honey if you are following this plan. Two slices is 1/2 red.
Making NO CARB, HIGH PROTEIN, Cloud Bread. Try this recipe!
Posted by Jen Marie on Monday, May 16, 2016
Not all Beachbody coaches are created equal. Few are more active and consistent than most. Some have shown years of dedication to their customers and business. Some have a personal message and story that resonates with you. I am one of those few active, consistent and dedicated coaches. I strive to motivate others by sharing my journey. I listen to and respond to your needs. Before you make your Beachbody purchase, choose a coach that inspires, encourages and helps you stay on track with your health and fitness goals.
Contact me to discuss your health and fitness goals!