Crostini with Lima Beans has been a favorite bread dish of mine for a long time!
I felt that this was a guilty pleasure for a long time since because I would use white bread and overindulge whenever we made this. I realized recently that with some tweaks that this could become a clean dish – We just changed some ingredients out and used others in moderation.
We recently tried this using wheat and Ezekiel bread instead of the traditional white and it made this dish even better! The mild taste of mashed lima beans nicely complements the crunchy olive oil toasted bread. The topping of parm on top is always adds a kick. Delicious!
- 10 slices of French wheat bread OR 3 slices of 7 Sprouted Grains Ezekiel Bread
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 ounce package frozen lima beans, thawed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. With a pastry brush, lightly brush both sides of bread with olive oil. Place on a baking sheet for 5 minutes. Turn bread over and bake 5 minutes longer, or until lightly toasted.
- Bring water to boil in a medium saucepan. Add lima beans and bring back to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and cook until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain.
- In a frying pan heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over low heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add beans, increase the heat. Continue to cook and mash.
- Mound the mashed lima bean on crostini and drizzle with some olive oil(optional). Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese over each crostini.
21 Day Fix
All of the ingredients are clean and 21 Day Fix approved. Limit the olive oil and parmesan.
Not all Beachbody coaches are created equal. Few are more active and consistent than most. Some have shown years of dedication to their customers and business. Some have a personal message and story that resonates with you. I am one of those few active, consistent and dedicated coaches. I strive to motivate others by sharing my journey. I listen to and respond to your needs. Before you make your Beachbody purchase, choose a coach that inspires, encourages and helps you stay on track with your health and fitness goals.
Contact me to discuss your health and fitness goals!21 Day Fix, clean eating, healthy eating