While making my monthly chicken bone broth one weekend, I wondered how to make egg drop soup. After doing a quick internet search, I found that it was really easy to make. I made a few tweaks to the ingredients to make the recipe healthier…I replaced soy sauce with coconut aminos and cornstarch with tapioca flour. Such simple changes with items that I have in my pantry now-a-days. It was a nice filling soup. I have it for breakfast sometimes!
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon tapioca flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil (*borderline paleo ingredient)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- dash of salt
- white pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons water (optional)
- In a small saucepan, combine the chicken broth, coconut aminos and sesame oil.
- Bring broth to a boil.
- Stir together the tapioca flour and water to dissolve cornstarch; pour into the boiling broth.
- Stir gently while pouring in the egg.
- Season with chives, salt and pepper before serving.
Not all Beachbody coaches are created equal. Few are more active and consistent than most. Some have shown years of dedication to their customers and business. Some have a personal message and story that resonates with you. I am one of those few active, consistent and dedicated coaches. I strive to motivate others by sharing my journey. I listen to and respond to your needs. Before you make your Beachbody purchase, choose a coach that inspires, encourages and helps you stay on track with your health and fitness goals.
Contact me to discuss your health and fitness goals!