Hummus is so easy to make it’s hard not to justify having homemade. I like to keep tahini and canned chick peas on hand so I can whip this up anytime. When I have time to plan I prefer to cook my chick peas.
Fresh hummus lasts in the refrigerator for just a few days. I usually make a big batch (double this recipe) and freeze it smaller containers for later use.
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 15 ounce can garbanzo beans (1/2 cup liquid reserved)
- 4 – 4.5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons tahini
- 3 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- cumin to taste
- 3-4 T olive oil
- In a blender or food processor, pour garbanzo beans into the machine. Add lemon, tahini, chopped garlic, olive oil and salt in blender. Blend until creamy and well mixed.
- Add reserved liquid a little at a time until you get the desired consistency. You may not need all of the liquid.
21 Day Fix
- This recipe is one of the allowed 21 Day Fix foods
Not all Beachbody coaches are created equal. Few are more active and consistent than most. Some have shown years of dedication to their customers and business. Some have a personal message and story that resonates with you. I am one of those few active, consistent and dedicated coaches. I strive to motivate others by sharing my journey. I listen to and respond to your needs. Before you make your Beachbody purchase, choose a coach that inspires, encourages and helps you stay on track with your health and fitness goals.
Contact me to discuss your health and fitness goals!21 Day Fix, clean eating, healthy eating, hummus recipe, recipe