Recently my daughter made these delicious lemon raspberry cupcakes. While putting the leftover lemon rinds to use I started thinking of my favorite uses of lemons and thought I’d share them…
Obviously there are many yummy recipes to choose from and I cannot begin to list them all. Here are my choices….
- Lemon raspberry cupcakes (how could I not mention the inspiration for this post) – this recipe uses the zest of lemon as well as lemon juice. So yummy!
- Iced Tea – this is a staple drink in our house – we use 1/3 cup of lemon juice and 1/3 cup of honey in a half gallon container of tea.
- Candied lemon – this is a special treat that I don’t do more than once a year since it is so time consuming to do but it is yummy – you can eat candied lemons as is or use it a beautiful decoration on cakes or pies.
- Lemonade – another treat in our house since this takes time and money. Still we enjoy making this occasionally in the summer time. 6-8 squeezed lemons, 6 cups of water and 3/4 cup of honey.
- Lemon water – add thin slice of lemon to water or other favorite drinks to add flavor. Lemon flavored water helps me meet my quota of 64+ ounces of water a day.
There are many ways to clean with lemon but here are the ones I find most useful at home. I just use these methods when we have leftover lemons and rind.
- Inside of our teapot – boil small cut up lemon rinds in water in a teapot. Let it stand for an hour before rinsing.
- Garbage disposal – run softened, cut up lemon rinds through the garbage disposal. Make sure they are small enough for the disposal to handle. This freshens up the sink.
- Cutting board – turn the rind inside out and rub it outside of a cleaned wooden or plastic cutting board to freshen it. Rinse.
- Copper or stainless steel – dip the lemon in baking powder or salt and scrub copper/steel pots or stainless steel sink.
- Grease stains from clothes – rub lemon juice on the stain and let it sit overnight before washing with regular laundry.
Here are 22 to ways to use your lemons, inside and out. Put the whole fruit to good use!
How do you use your lemons? Please share!
Not all Beachbody coaches are created equal. Few are more active and consistent than most. Some have shown years of dedication to their customers and business. Some have a personal message and story that resonates with you. I am one of those few active, consistent and dedicated coaches. I strive to motivate others by sharing my journey. I listen to and respond to your needs. Before you make your Beachbody purchase, choose a coach that inspires, encourages and helps you stay on track with your health and fitness goals.
Contact me to discuss your health and fitness goals!