If you love lemon you will devour this treat! I get so excited when I can find a delicious snack I can eat guilt free – this one moved to the top of my list. I was inspired by other paleo lemon bar recipes that I found, made a few versions and until I developed this one!
Fresh lemons are KEY to this recipe. You can really taste it too. Be ready to have your lemon juicer and zester out for this!
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ⅓ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup refined coconut oil (solid state)
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (about 1 large lemon)
- 2 teaspoons coconut flour sifted
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 3-4 large lemons)
- In a food processor combine the almond flour, coconut flour, and salt. Next, add coconut oil and pulse. After that, mix in the honey, egg, and vanilla. It should form a ball in your food processor. (see * for making the dough ahead of time)
- Press the dough into the bottom of a greased 8 x 8 inch baking dish and prick with a fork several times.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. While the oven is preheating, place the crust in the freezer.
Bake the crust for 8 – 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Gently whisk together the eggs, honey and lemon zest in a large bowl. Do NOT use an electric mixer here or you will over-beat the eggs and the topping with crack once baked.
- In a separate, medium bowl, whisk the coconut flour into the lemon juice, a little at a time, until well mixed. Continually whisk as you add the flour so that it doesn’t clump up.
- Pour the lemon juice mixture into the egg mixture, whisking while you pour, until evenly combined.
- Pour the topping over top of the cooled crust and bake until it is just set, and the very center is just slightly jiggly, about 20-25 minutes. Let cool completely at room temperature. Then, cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
*If you are making the crust ahead of time you can wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place in the fridge until you are ready to use it. It can be kept in the fridge for up to two days.
21 Day Fix
This recipe has all 21 Day Fix friendly ingredients.
Not all Beachbody coaches are created equal. Few are more active and consistent than most. Some have shown years of dedication to their customers and business. Some have a personal message and story that resonates with you. I am one of those few active, consistent and dedicated coaches. I strive to motivate others by sharing my journey. I listen to and respond to your needs. Before you make your Beachbody purchase, choose a coach that inspires, encourages and helps you stay on track with your health and fitness goals.
Contact me to discuss your health and fitness goals!21 Day Fix, clean eating, dessert, healthy eating, paleo, recipes